[extropy-chat] Eminent Mike's domain

Brett Paatsch bpaatsch at bigpond.net.au
Wed Jul 27 23:39:42 UTC 2005

David Lubkin wrote:

> http://www.nhpr.org/view_content/9288/
>
>>A recent Supreme Court decision enhanced local governments' power to seize
>>private property for economic development. We'll look at these laws in New
>>Hampshire, when they have been used and what effect, if any, the federal
>>decision will have on the Granite State. ... We'll also hear from Mike
>>Lorrey, Vice-Chair for the 2nd District, representing the Libertarian
>>Party in NH and TBA.
>
> To hear what Mike had to say, so you can suitably make fun of him, see
>
> RealPlayer:             http://www.nhpr.org/audio/audio/ex-2005-07-27.ram
> Windows Media:  http://www.nhpr.org/audio/audio/ex-2005-07-27.wax

I thought Mike made his points very well.

I don't think the projects will work, as one of the lawyers invited into the
station said, it seems like the projects are targetting individual
properties
of the judges first then finding some public purpose for them rather than
having a public purpose and going for properties that happen to be in the
relevant area.

Still, a very effective form of protest, Mike did not come across as a
nutter
at all. Quite to the contrary, I thought. Good work Mike.

Brett Paatsch