[extropy-chat] weaselly research reporting

Al Brooks kerry_prez at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 28 02:57:05 UTC 2005

What bothers even a slightly squishy liberal like me is seeing today's report by Yahoo News that immigrants (report didn't specify whether illegal or not) consume hundreds of dollars less per month medical costs than native-born, then going on to report even more 'astonishingly' or 'startlingy' how the poorest of immigrant children use 84% less medical resources than natives.
The researcher opines this is a "grave disparity".
 I want to be a good liberal, a bleeding heart, a feel-good. But with bias like this being an intellectual is sometimes dubious.