[extropy-chat] Why I am No Longer a Libertarian Either...

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Thu Jul 28 18:34:41 UTC 2005

On Jul 27, 2005, at 8:25 PM, J. Andrew Rogers wrote:

> Nobody said it was easy but the "hard" part revolves almost
> entirely around
> having discipline.  And discipline is something anyone can develop and
> foster, not just the children of rich white people.

It is a pity that financial discipline and financial savvy are the
things this culture teaches the least.  Quite a bit of societal
pressure is in the exact opposite direction.  Buy now, pay later.
Not save and invest now, be rich later.   The individual is not
solely responsible for his or her abysmal financial condition
although mostly only the individual can change it.

- samantha