[extropy-chat] TransVision 2005 - UPdate

nvitamore at austin.rr.com nvitamore at austin.rr.com
Thu Jul 28 20:37:08 UTC 2005

From: Bret Kulakovich

>Please do!

>I for one think it is more pertinent than all the stick-shaking we've
>been doing en masse these past two months on popular issues.

>I am sorry I missed the webcasts of TV05 - I did catch most of the
>First Workshop however, which was refreshing. Any amount of
>discussion on where we are going would be a step forward.

I'm still not caught up on sleep.  We had a great time seeing friends and
enjoying the tropical weather.

The webcast was not entirely successful. But conference was successful and
having it in a developing country was advantageous in many ways.  Most
importantly, it showed conference attendees first hand why being involved
in the need for global change is immediate and urgent.

I had several favorite speakers and favorite moments. First off, Max was
amazing.  He brought the ideas of the entire conference into focus.  I have
to stand apart in order to analyze the speakers and how each one
contributed to the overall succes of the conference.  I think Max, Greg
Stock and Martine Rothblatt were extraordinarly on target with their talks.

My own talk was on "Transhumanism 2.0" and it was a basic framework and
strategic plan for assssing where we are today and how to focus on
tomorrow.  I'll post about it later tonight.

Best,
Natasha