[extropy-chat] Income Tax

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 31 05:24:02 UTC 2005

--- Robbie Lindauer <robgobblin at aol.com> wrote:

> On Jul 30, 2005, at 4:58 PM, Mike Lorrey wrote:
>
> > fire all the IRS agents and never let
> > them work in taxes ever again, get rid of the tax code. Burn it.
> >
> > The least onerous tax is the property tax.
>

> Here here!
>
> Doesn't it bother you that the majority will then be punishing the
> wealthy minority land-holders using violent means (what else were you
>
> proposing we do to tax evaders?).  Why not get rid of property taxes
> too and make the federal government survive on charitable donations?

When each state is responsible for collecting the property taxes to
send to DC, then each state is essentially making a 'charitable
donation' to the federal government, and theoretically could find
someplace else to put their money if it doesn't stay within its limits.

It is always advantageous to maneuver one sovereign power to face off
against another. Its more of a fair fight than uncle sugar sending the
storm troopers to squash each individual, one at a time.

Mike Lorrey
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806)
Blog: http://intlib.blogspot.com