[extropy-chat] Income Tax

MB mbb386 at main.nc.us
Sun Jul 31 12:56:19 UTC 2005

On Sat, 30 Jul 2005, Robbie Lindauer wrote:

>  Why not get rid of property taxes
> too and make the federal government survive on charitable donations?

AhHa! Now we're talking!   :)

I've often wondered exactly what would get funded if it were up to
*us* to choose how the money was spent - and this sounds pretty close
to it, to me!

One thing I'm finding now, with my limited income situation, is that
I'm seldom (if ever) giving money to charity, because there is no
money to spare and I remember that charities are going tax free,
getting a boost from the rest of us whether we like it or not...
because *we* are carrying their share of the tax burden. And in some
cases they receive handouts from the government in addition to the
no-tax.

It doesn't help my attitude that I'm living an area where a huge
percentage of the land is owned by religious organizations and another
big chunk is owned by the government (state or local) and goes tax
free.

Regards,
MB