[extropy-chat] Famous author self destructs in public! Film ateleven.

Brett Paatsch bpaatsch at bigpond.net.au
Sat Jun 4 07:16:39 UTC 2005

> On 6/4/05, Samantha Atkins <sjatkins at mac.com> wrote:
>>
>> Buzz off troll.
>
> Well, I've cut you slack for reasons you've communicated to me in
> private thereby leaving me feeling I need to lay off while out of
> decency refraining from either arguing with you or telling anyone why
> I'm not arguing with you. But sod this for a lark; there are limits.
> My political views on the matter of abortion happen to be closer to
> yours than Mike's, but what of it? No, I will not buzz off. No, I will
> not sit back and be quiet while you imply that anyone whose views
> differ from yours is a troll.

Russell, I think *you* have drawn an inference that Samantha did not
imply.

I do not think she was saying "Buzz of troll" to anyone other than
Mike and even then only in relation to one particular post he made.

I like Mike. I respect Mike including respecting his concerns for
the issues of abortion.  But sometimes Mike *does* behave like a
troll in that he seems to be deliberately inflamatory in order to get a
response and perhaps to ensure that he can join the conversation.

Personally, I don't think Samantha was out of line in saying what she
said on this occassion. But that's just my opinion and I am not a list
moderator.  Mike needs a firm hand on occassion and he would not
I suspect respect anything less :-)

BTW: I have been meaning to reply to John C Wright at some stage
but it just hasn't gotten to be a priority yet.

Brett  Paatsch