[extropy-chat] Famous author self destructs in public! Film ateleven.

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Sat Jun 4 09:57:11 UTC 2005

On Jun 4, 2005, at 12:29 AM, Russell Wallace wrote:

> On 6/4/05, Brett Paatsch <bpaatsch at bigpond.net.au> wrote:
>
>> Russell, I think *you* have drawn an inference that Samantha did not
>> imply.
>>

> No, I think I have drawn one that she did imply.

I am right here.  You were off base on this one.

>> I do not think she was saying "Buzz of troll" to anyone other than
>> Mike and even then only in relation to one particular post he made.
>>

> I think exactly the same thing. That's why I reacted.

You didi not find his remarks inflammatory and unnecessarily so to
simply express a difference of opinion on abortion?

>> I like Mike. I respect Mike including respecting his concerns for
>> the issues of abortion.  But sometimes Mike *does* behave like a
>> troll in that he seems to be deliberately inflamatory in order to
>> get a
>> response and perhaps to ensure that he can join the conversation.
>>

> Inflammatory? No, hit the brakes on that. People go around saying
> "it's just a clump of cells, terminate it, there is no moral value
> there." Do you call that inflammatory?

I call that an opinion.  I don't consider baiting women in general as
Mike did to be an opinion on the topic at hand.

> No? Didn't think so. (As it happens, I don't either.)
>
> Someone comes along and states the reverse view and gets called
> inflammatory, and a troll? Bugger that for a lark.

That wasn't what happened.  Read it again from a slightly different
perspective and see if you get what I did.

- samantha