[extropy-chat] Famous author self destructs in public! Filmateleven.

Brett Paatsch bpaatsch at bigpond.net.au
Sun Jun 5 03:44:54 UTC 2005

Mike Lorrey wrote:

> On the contrary, Samantha was implying that all women have
> the power of life and death over their kids.

I know where you are coming from, I think, and so I accept that
you may have thought that was Samantha's implication but she
says it wasn't and I'm inclined to take her at her word.

Could she have been gentler to you? Definately, but a lot has
been said on this topic of abortion including by you Mike. Some
of it quite good stuff. Yet you seem to relish the raising of issues
more than you care for the locking in off any incremental
progress and that gets wearying sometimes.

> Such an attitude is IMHO little different from that of a tyrant
> deciding who lives and who dies. It is megalomaniacal. If
> anybody needs a good smack of reality, it is Samantha.

I had enjoyed discussing abortion with you but when I asked
you if you'd checked out the Virtual Human Embryo site you
didn't tell me.

Conversation with you can be like all rough foreplay and no
orgasm, in that one never gets to know if you have moved your
opinion one iota.

Brett Paatsch
[heterosexual :-)]