[extropy-chat] Famous author self destructs in public!Filmateleven.

Charlie Stross charlie at stross.org.uk
Mon Jun 6 16:56:55 UTC 2005

On 6 Jun 2005, at 17:09, Mike Lorrey wrote:
>> A point the more public-facing anti-abortion groups never seem to get
>> round to talking about is that banning abortion won't stop abortions
>> from happening; it'll just make them unsafe criminal affairs, carried
>> out furtively, with an attached significant death toll.
>
> I do realize that banning murder hasn't stopped murders from happening,
> .... Some small but significant percentage of women die in
> illegal third trimester abortions. 100% of children involved in legal
> third trimester abortions die. Which is the greater "death toll"?

So you're equating third trimester abortion with murder?

Can we agree you're on record as saying that?

Now. Are you willing to go a step further and assert that second
trimester abortion is equivalent to murder?

C'mon. First trimester?

Pre-implantation fertilized ova?

Where do you draw the line?

-- Charlie (curious) Stross