[extropy-chat] Fear of flying

Dan Clemmensen dgc at cox.net
Tue Jun 7 00:22:43 UTC 2005

kevinfreels.com wrote

> OK. I guess I am done with my rant. Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
> I know. But since I can't shake the fear, I might as well analyze it. :-)

Hey Kevin. I must have been pretty hard for a control freak such as
yourself to post that message to the extropy list.
Kudos to you for bravery. (since e-mail cannot convey emotion: this is
sincere, not sarcasm. Honest.)

Just a question: how well do you handle being a front-seat passenger in
a car? this is effectively equivalent to being
a passenger in an airliner. except that it is statistically much more
dangerous.

If you can deal with being a car passenger, how do you do it? can you
use the same coping mechanisms for air travel?

You are a control freak. Don't apologize for this: you were born that
way., and there is nothing wrong with it.
Non-control-freaks cannot really empathize with your situation, so we
cannot really help.