[extropy-chat] Famous author self destructs in public! Filmateleven.

Amara Graps Amara.Graps at ifsi.rm.cnr.it
Tue Jun 7 04:34:27 UTC 2005

Stuart:
>1. I have never met a woman who has admitted to
>getting an abortion that did not express some degree
>of remorse about it or wasn't otherwise profoundly
>affected by it.
>2. I have never met a woman who admitted to having
>more than one abortion.

Olga:
>> Because - assuming you are fertile - if you should
>> find yourself the party
>> to woman's pregnancy -

Stuart:
>This is a big if. I have never had a problem with
>condoms failing me and I don't think I would ever
>"accidently" conceive a child. Things like that are a
>choice for me.

Sorry, Stuart, but I think a serious dose of reality would help.

I was pregnant twice during the long years with my first boyfriend
(high school sweetheart), once when I was 17, once when I was 19.
The first was due to our being foolish, the second was the fluke of
statistics, since I was on birth control. Since I was not ready to
be a mom in both cases, we pooled our scarse money resources
quickly, went together to the Planned Parenthood clinic to take care
of it. No regrets.  We didn't tell our parents, since it was our
responsibility and we didn't want anyone to worry. The only notable
thing about these experiences in 1978 and 1980 was that I had a cold
during the first time, and so instead of the usual general
anasthesia, I was given ketamine, and I hallucinated badly coming
out  of the procedure, and my sweetheart was sitting out in the waiting
room for hours wondering what happened to me. The second time I
didn't want the anasthesia.

Amara