[extropy-chat] Getting away from the Ayatollahs of Qom

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Wed Jun 8 19:33:52 UTC 2005

>>That's partly why I find the whole abortion thing so weird. It's
>>like finding yourself on a party line with the Ayatollahs of Qom.
>
>Sounds better all the time except for reports from some friends of
>mine that they nearly froze to death there.    I am tired of
>Taxifornia but I would miss the mild climate.

Sydney. Melbourne. Adelaide. Perth. A conservative government but a fairly
sceptical community attitude to godbotherers. Excellent standard of living
and food. Good health care. Problems with El Niño, drought, bushfires, but
California's getting that way too, and Australia isn't going to swallow
your whole city one day. Of course, someone else in the region might decide
they'd like the real estate.

Damien Broderick