[extropy-chat] FWD (TLC-Brotherhood FWD) Re: Fear of flying

Terry W. Colvin fortean1 at mindspring.com
Fri Jun 10 04:29:47 UTC 2005

[Les Strouse is the retired Air America pilot.  -Terry]

Terry,

I do know a few pilots who do not like flying in the back of the airplane.
I don't know that it is a fear or just that they don't trust someone else
at the controls.

As far as the fear of heights is concerned....not in a flying machine but
for sure on ladders, second floor or higher balconies and even escalators
that have a view down two floors or more.  Other than wild stuff like
ferris wheels one of my greatest dislikes is glass enclosed elevators
that give you a great view of the scenery but cause me to look for an
alternative.

Les Strouse

--
"Only a zit on the wart on the heinie of progress." Copyright 1992, Frank Rice

Terry W. Colvin, Sierra Vista, Arizona (USA) < fortean1 at mindspring.com >
     Alternate: < fortean1 at msn.com >
Home Page: < http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Stargate/8958/index.html >
Sites: * Fortean Times * Mystic's Haven * TLCB *
      U.S. Message Text Formatting (USMTF) Program