[extropy-chat] book review: Radical Evolution

Dan Clemmensen dgc at cox.net
Sun Jun 12 14:12:04 UTC 2005

The Washington Post Book review section in today's Washington Post
has a review of the book "Radical Evolution", by Washington Post reporter
Joel Garreau. From the review I assume Joel spoke with several folks
on this list.

Also from the review it sounds to me like The book would have been
insightful and provocative if published in (say) 1997.

 From the review, Joel looks at three possible outcomes: "Heaven,"
"Hell," and
"Prevail." Prevail is a non-singularitan middle way that is possible,
apparently,
because Joel does not believe in the the other two. Clearly, he simply
doesn't get
it.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/06/09/AR2005060901546.html

You may need to register to read this online.