[extropy-chat] Fear of flying

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Sun Jun 12 23:58:27 UTC 2005

Mike do you have a photo of that plane?  It somehow made it
back with durn near most of one wing gone.  Hell if I know
how he managed to keep it airborne.  That was a pilot with
the right stuff.

> As for the French plane, those jets
> barely even need a rudder. It's only function is to assist landing in a
> crosswind...

That plane lost more than the rudder.  It lost the
vertical stabilizer, which moved the center of pressure
forward of the GC, which made it unflyable, completely
uncontrollable.