[extropy-chat] IQ vs Uploads (was: what to do)

giorgio gaviraghi giogavir at yahoo.it
Mon Jun 13 21:32:17 UTC 2005

maybe we should make another important assumption
about AIs
They have individual free will
in this case they could disobey human commands, have
their own goals, take their own decisions, refuse to
"unplug " themselves.
In a smarter than human scenario they could connect
between them and create a collective mind, billion of
times more powerful than the individual.
If you consider this possibility we have unlimited
situations and none of them looks good for humans