[extropy-chat] Death

Giu1i0 Pri5c0 pgptag at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 07:07:08 UTC 2005

Dear Samantha,
I am so sorry.
Most of us have seen loved ones die and know the horrible grief that
you must be feeling.
We are working together to make death a thing of the past. Someone
does more, someone does less or different, but everyone does
something. Death will be defeated. Of course there will be other
problems, people will still feel unhappy for things, and the
tragedy/comedy of life will go on.
In your own words; "Ability to travel to any point in the past, plus a
(relatively) mundane ability to scan DNA and minds leads directly to
such relative trivialities as plausible resurrection". Cling to this.
Perhaps *you* will be there to make it happen for Michael. You felt
nothing *exceptional* at the moment of Michael's death. Well probably
you don't feel TV stations directly with your brain either. Doesn't
mean they are not broadcasting all around you.
Best,
Giulio