[extropy-chat] Death

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Fri Jun 17 01:07:19 UTC 2005

On Jun 16, 2005, at 1:57 PM, The Avantguardian wrote:

> --- Giu1i0 Pri5c0 <pgptag at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> You felt
>> nothing *exceptional* at the moment of Michael's
>> death. Well probably
>> you don't feel TV stations directly with your brain
>> either. Doesn't
>> mean they are not broadcasting all around you.
>>

> Well said Guilio. I was asleep when my uncle from 2
> states away appeared in my room and jokingly told me
> he had died. I woke up, thought it was just a morbid
> dream, vowed to call him later to check up on him, and
> went back to sleep. Later that morning I got a phone
> call from his grand-daughter who told me that he had
> either accidently or purposely removed his oxygen mask
> the night before and died as a result of it. I can't
> explain this, but I cannot disbelieve it either
> because it HAPPENED. So I would encourage Samantha to
> keep a dream log. If the bond between her and Michael
> was a strong as she said, I cannot imagine that he
> would not try to communicate with her if he could. And
> my own experience tells me that we are most receptive
> to this sort of thing in REM state.

We'll see. I am no stranger to things that go bump in the night.  As
I said, particularly with Michael I was surprised not to get
something of the kind.   So far I have been dreamless.  Which is
unusual for me.   I am going to assume nothing.  But whatever this X-
files something is or isn't it sure is spotty and undependable as hell.

- s