[extropy-chat] The athymhormic AI

Marc Geddes marc_geddes at yahoo.co.nz
Wed Jun 22 05:16:11 UTC 2005

>90% of the problems in Friendly AI are problems you
need to solve whether the
programmer's goal is friendliness or knowably
converting the solar system into
paperclips, such as "preserve a goal system through
recursive
self-improvement", "bind the cognitive utility
function describing paperclips
to physical paperclips as its referent", and "make
AI".  Might as well spend
that extra 10% of effort to make the AI friendly for
some reasonable
conception of friendliness.

Correction to Eli's comment.  The problem of Friendly
AI is 100% equivalent to the problem of a recursively
self-improving general intelligence.

Eli's Singularitarian Jedi powers have grown weak ;)
When I first came to SL4 I was the clueless learner.
Should I return there again I *will* be the master.

---

THE BRAIN is wider than the sky,
  For, put them side by side,
The one the other will include