[extropy-chat] RE: Iraq and legality again

Dirk Bruere dirk at neopax.com
Wed Jun 22 12:54:22 UTC 2005

spike wrote:

>>bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Brett Paatsch

>>I do understand what Spike means when he asks "are we not on the eve of
>>construction?" with respect to Iraq.

>>Regards, Brett Paatsch
>>

>Thanks Brett, ja I am a super-optimist on the Arab world.
>That whole blue finger thing wasn't just Hollywood, those
>people risked their asses to vote.  I am proud of them, I
>really am.  They showed the spirit of courage and
>determination, to go out in the face of death threats by the
>islamofacists.  The genie of democracy will not be stuffed
>back into the bottle.  Rather it will spread across the
>land like a giant wave.
>
>My vision of the next couple decades in Iraq and the Arab
>world sees an ever growing percentage of the population
>deciding, as did Europe, that they really do not need
>religion in their lives.  As in Europe and to some degree

Doubtful, especially since the US had the secular Arab states as being
top of its list for knocking over, starting with Iraq and then (if
things had gone well) Syria.

The fact is that only Islam is standing against US neo-imperialism and
this counts for a lot. The fact that the US acts like a client state for
Israel just makes things worse. There will be no peace in the ME until
the Palestinian problem is resolved.

As for Iraq, I see it breaking up into three states.
In the North a defacto Kurdish democratic republic, assuming Turkey does
not invade.
In the centre a Sunni Islamic state.
In the South a very pro-Iranian Shiite state which may or may not be
Islamic.
Only the Kurds will express any gratitude to the West.

--
Dirk

The Consensus:-
http://www.theconsensus.org