substituting the FDA was (Re: [extropy-chat] Professor Being Sued etc)

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 22 19:19:51 UTC 2005

--- Brent Neal <brentn at freeshell.org> wrote:

> >> The stated goal of the suit - to punish the wrongdoer
> >> in order to provide a disincentive for further wrongdoing - is not
> met
> >> and further, the person who suffered the loss would not receive
> >> recompense.
> >
> >If the system clogs.
>
> Its -already- clogged. :)

Which system are you talking about? The government funded and run
system? But of course you are, and of course you bring forth another
example of a public, taxpayer funded and government run institution
that does not operate as efficiently or effectively as a private one
would.

The government legal system is not just clogged, it is broken, and
intentionally broken by a union, a brotherhood, a cabal of would-be
priest-kings, in order to maximize their power, their income, and their
influence.

There is another system, a private system. Actually several systems
(private law doesn't like monopolies as a natural matter of course).
Arbitration systems abound in the legal world, and thousands upon
thousands of lawyers who never set foot inside a federal courtroom
spend their careers in private law. Arbitration doesn't work as well as
it COULD work, primarily because there is this corrupt, poorly run,
broken, clogged, publicly funded system that presumes to be a final
arbiter for those who cannot reach agreement in private arbitrage.

I could create a better, fairer, cheaper, and better run court system
than the US federal and state courts using little more than eBay's
software and a copy of Blackwell's Commentaries (possibly updated to a
more developed version in the Common Economic Protocol).

Mike Lorrey
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806)
Blog: http://intlib.blogspot.com