[extropy-chat] Re: Iraq and legality again

John K Clark jonkc at att.net
Thu Jun 23 15:58:18 UTC 2005

"Brett Paatsch" <bpaatsch at bigpond.net.au>

> would be *very* interested in seeing the best possible argument from the
> American side, indeed from the Bush administration, that it was legal (not
> amateur hour stuff but the real thing from a lawyer or legally savvy
> person who knows the case)

Well.. to each their own, but personally I would not find an argument about
the legality of the Iraq war the least bit interesting. As it turned out the
war was indeed wrong, but not because it violated some mystical and mythical
thing called international law, it was wrong because it was incorrect,  the
Iraqi people did not treat the Americans as liberators and all the war did
was solve a problem that turned out not to be a problem at all, Weapons of
Mass Destruction.  As for International "Law" (really international
suggestions) and the war's legality, who cares.

  John K Clark