[extropy-chat] The Penrose Conjecture, was Re: A Quantum Computer...

Jeff Davis jrd1415 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 27 22:29:36 UTC 2005

--- Damien Broderick <thespike at satx.rr.com> wrote:

> Of course, some maverick theorists have already
> suggested that mind and
> choice arise from quantum tunnelling in the brain.

Damien,

Do you have something more recent--links please, if
you've got 'em-- than the basic "Penrose Conjecture",
the idea of some kind of quantum coherence thing slash
entanglement thing slash other weird quantum thing
taking place in the vicinity of the actin filaments
and/or microtubules?

Best, Jeff Davis

The known is finite, the unknown infinite;
intellectually we stand on an islet in the
midst of an illimitable ocean of inexplicability.
Our business in every generation is to
reclaim a little more land.
                    T.H. Huxley, 1887