[extropy-chat] zombie dogs

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Tue Jun 28 05:50:54 UTC 2005

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,15739502-13762,00.html

> what a grotesque Fox package for this uplifting story:
>
> < [snarling rabid dog pic: Eerie ...
>
> Ack.

Cool, Dr. Peter Safar, a life devoted to cheating death:

http://www.post-gazette.com/lifestyle/20020331safar0331fnp2.asp

Here's another take on it, without the use of the obscure
term "boffins."

http://stroke.ahajournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/27/1/105

And this:

http://www.aemj.org/cgi/content/abstract/7/12/1341

The experiments appear to all be several years old.  I am
not sure if these are the same "boffins" mentioned in the
original article.  Clearly we have a job to do just in
reducing the general public's squick factor at the notion
of suppressed metabolism and reanimation.