[extropy-chat] zombie boffins

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 28 07:30:40 UTC 2005

--- Damien Broderick <thespike at satx.rr.com> wrote:

> At 10:50 PM 6/27/2005 -0700, spike wrote:
>
> >the use of the obscure term "boffins."
>
> This is a British term derived from "to boff", or
> perform an act of
> carnality. It was attributed to scientists due to
> their notable sexual allure.

Thanks for clearing that up. Here I thought boffins
were those guys in Star Wars that died to get the
plans to the death star into the rebellion's hands.
And I didn't know that you Brits think we scientists
are so boffable. :)

The Avantguardian
is
Stuart LaForge
alt email: stuart"AT"ucla.edu

"The surest sign of intelligent life in the universe is that they haven't attempted to contact us."
-Bill Watterson