[extropy-chat] FWD [forteana] Re: Zombie Dogs

Terry W. Colvin fortean1 at mindspring.com
Tue Jun 28 20:19:53 UTC 2005

As I recall, a biochemist named Robert Cornish achieved a certain fame
or notoriety back in the 1930's by asphyxiating dogs with nitrogen and
then reviving them. The 1940's and 1950's Fortean writer R. DeWitt
Miller devoted a page or so to Cornish's experiments in his 1947 book
_Forgotten Mysteries_, and I also recall reading an article on Cornish
and his revived dogs in FATE in the early 1950's.

--
"Only a zit on the wart on the heinie of progress." Copyright 1992, Frank Rice

Terry W. Colvin, Sierra Vista, Arizona (USA) < fortean1 at mindspring.com >
     Alternate: < fortean1 at msn.com >
Home Page: < http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Stargate/8958/index.html >
Sites: * Fortean Times * Mystic's Haven * TLCB *
      U.S. Message Text Formatting (USMTF) Program