[extropy-chat] Re: Iraq and Legality Again

Dirk Bruere dirk at neopax.com
Tue Jun 28 21:50:13 UTC 2005

The Avantguardian wrote:

>>It's the wrong war for the wrong reasons and every
>>day makes the world
>>an unsafer place.
>>

>     Unsafer? How? What are you so afraid of? The
>Americans or the terrorists? Are you suddenly of a

Both.
The US is effectively training the next generation of terrorists who now
have a real appreciation for the fear that WMDs strike into the West.
They are also now getting to meet the people who made them for Saddam.

>mind to start appeasing anyone willing plant a car
>bomb? Or do you actually believe that the Bush-Reich
>will be invading the U.K. next?
>     You really think that an immediate U.S. pullout
>of Iraq and the ensuing four-faction civil war
>(interim government vs. Baathists vs. Islamic fundies
>vs. Kurds) there would be better for the world? Or do
>think that the resulting blood bath be a small price
>for humanity to pay so that we insufferable Americans
>get what we deserve?

The best option would be to break up Iraq into three nations, and then
leave.
It's what will happen anyway now.

>>I would say that the insurgents know full well what
>>they are getting
>>into and have a far greater stake in the war than
>>any US marine.
>>

> Oh yeah. After the marines leave, they can go back
>gassing the kurds, strong arming the people, and
>building palaces for themselves. Yeah you're right
>they do have a pretty big stake in this war.

It's *their* nation - not yours.

>>The Quisling government does not, for obvious
>>reasons.
>>And if that govt did call for the US to leave, and
>>started to rescind
>>all those copntracts which have effecively looted
>>the country on behalf
>>of the multinationals,
>>

>What multinationals do you mean? The French ones or
>the German ones? Oh of course you mean the American
>multinationals that rule the world from the smoky
>Bilderberger boardrooms in Switzerland.

The ones that have bought up Iraq will do for starters.

> it would be replaced by the
>

>>US on some trumped
>>up charge.
>>

>     So what is this really about, Dirk? Are you that
>afraid of an American Empire? Or are you just upset
>that the sun finally set on YOUR empire. It strikes me
>as ironic that almost all of the countries that accuse
>us of imperialism have all had empires of their own.
>Let's see England? yup. France? yup. Germany? Well
>they tried REAL hard so I will give them credit. But
>if that's what you are worried about don't.

Then maybe you will credit us with being able to recognise the obvious -
US imperial ambitions.
Wrapped in a self serving cloak of hypocrisy.
And it is modelled on the British empire - one of military force backing
commercial enterprises and using puppet rulers.

--
Dirk

The Consensus:-
http://www.theconsensus.org