[extropy-chat] zombie boffins

scerir scerir at libero.it
Thu Jun 30 14:51:27 UTC 2005

Neil Halelamien
> Actually, I could have sworn that boffins were ...

Quite.

Barry Blundell
b.g.blundell at swan.ac.uk
Univ. of Wales, Swansea, UK
writes:

"I am currently carrying out research for a book
about where all the 'boffins' have gone.
These people were ordinary academics who were
extraordinary people. They were vibrant,
individualistic scientists and engineers,
who until very recently could be found on
pratically every university campus in the U.K.
Boffins typically had higly chaotic laboratories,
were equally chaotic in their teaching, but were
by and large totally dedicated to their work.
My plan is to look at the life and work of
10 or 15 individuals who were active between
1940s and the 1980s. Readers who have suggestions
of who to include are invited to contact me."