[extropy-chat] Atheism in Decline

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 20:56:55 UTC 2005

On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 12:20:06 -0800 (PST), Mike Lorrey wrote:

> Where atheists err is in their ignorant assumption that all persons of
> faith are as poorly grounded as the scriptural literalists.

A Short guide to comparative Religions

ATHEISM:                     No shit!
BUDDHISM:                  "If shit happens, it really isn't shit."
CALVINISM:                  Shit happens because you don't work hard enough.
CATHOLICISM:              Shit happens because you are BAD.
CEREMONIAL MAGIC:   I Can make shit Happen.
CHRISTIAN SCIENCE:   Shit is only in your mind.
CONFUCIANISM:          Confucius say: "shit happens."
EXISTENTIALISM:         What is this shit anyway?
FUNDAMENTALISM:     BIG shit will happen... SOON!
HARE KRISHNA:          Shit happens Rama Rama.
HEDONISM:                 There's nothing like good shit happening.
HINDUISM:                   This shit happened before.
ISLAM:                        "If shit happens, it is the will of Allah."
JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES: Let us save you from the shit.
JUDAISM:                    Why does shit always happen to US?
MOONIES:                   Only happy shit really happens.
MORMONISM:              If shit happens, you have two wives to blame it on.
NEW AGE:                    Visualize no shit happening.
PAGANISM:                   Shit is a part of the Goddess too!
PROTESTANTISM:         Shit won't happen if I work harder.
QUAKERS:                    "No shit here, please."
RASTAFARIANISM:        Let's smoke some shit.
SCIENTOLOGY:             Feces Occurs.
STOICISM:                    Shit is good for me.
SEVENTH DAY ADVENTISTS: No shit on Saturdays.
TAOISM:                       Shit happens.
TELEVANGELISM:        Send money or shit will happen to you!
WICCANISM:                "Oh shit, I got that spell wrong again."
ZEN:                             What is the sound of shit happening?
ZOROASTRIANISM:       Shit happens half the time.

Should help the undecided amongst us.

BillK