[extropy-chat] Atheism in Decline: meme map

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Tue Mar 8 03:47:19 UTC 2005

> bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Adrian Tymes
> Atheism in Decline: meme map
>
> --- spike <spike66 at comcast.net> wrote:
> > ...but perhaps we can find transhuman allies in
> > the upper left and lower right quadrants.
>
> Or even in the upper right.  More than one Eastern
> religion, such as Buddism, seems compatible with both
> advanced science and advanced tech.  There is no God;
> there is what is - ... so be it.
>
> And zen zere's Zen. ;)

Cool, thanks Adrian, I was hoping someone would bite
on this idea.  I would agree that of all the religions
that I know of, Buddhism seems to be the most likely
place to look for allies.  Assuming you classify
Buddhism as a religion, as opposed to something more
general, like a philosophy.

Hey we missed you at the devourgasm yesterday bud.