[extropy-chat] Re: USA - No Science, No space travel, No money

Bill Hibbard test at demedici.ssec.wisc.edu
Wed Mar 9 18:26:01 UTC 2005

Programs are being shut down and cut back all over NASA,
to save the money needed for the imaginary mission to
Mars. My guess is that the motive is to shut down NASA's
"Mission to Planet Earth" to stop the flow of discoveries
embarrassing to the administration's contributors in the
carbon-based enery business. Probably won't work, given
the developing ecological catastrophe in the artic and
other potential climate problems.

Bill