[extropy-chat] USA - No Science, No space travel, No money ........

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 9 23:47:59 UTC 2005

This sounds like the "Robots of Dawn" debate that Azimov predicted.

The scientists have been trying to kill off human exploration of space
since the '70's for some reason. Their view is too myopic to realize
that the average taxpayer wants more than just pretty pictures or a
money pit for scientists to achieve nobel prize fame. We want the
promise given us long ago, that we would be striding those distant
worlds. Science must serve man, not the reverse.

--- BillK <pharos at gmail.com> wrote:>

> This is the toned-down official view of the APS.
> But you can get an awful lot of telescopes and robotic missions for
> the money that is going to be thrown at the man in space money pit.

Mike Lorrey
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806)
Blog: http://intlib.blogspot.com