[extropy-chat] unidirectional thrust

Dirk Bruere dirk at neopax.com
Mon Mar 14 20:02:13 UTC 2005

Mike Lorrey wrote:

>--- Dirk Bruere <dirk at neopax.com> wrote:
>

>>Mike Lorrey wrote:

>>experimentation

>>'breakthrough'.
>>

>>>"Last I heard"? Is that some sort of statement of scientific
>>>

>>accuracy?
>>

>>>I just posted replicatable papers showing the opposite.
>>>

>>I've spend quite a bit of time over the years tracking down these
>>claims, even talking to Naudin before he hit the headlines.
>>I do not intend to run over the same old ground yet again for a new
>>bunch of fans.
>>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biefeld-Brown_effect
>>Like I said, this is all far from new.
>>

>The paper I cited clearly demonstrated that the electrohydrodynamic
>effects, the ion-wind, were quite significantly less than the actual
>observed thrust. I built a lifter myself in 1990 when I was in the
>USAF. I used to fly it around my barracks dorm room (leading to rumors
>in the unit that I'd stolen top secret Area 51 UFO technology). The
>amount of wind generated by the device was clearly far less than would
>have been needed to lift the entire mass of the lifter. Naudin has
>clearly shown, by putting, alternatively, each electrode in separate
>containers, yet still shown lift, so no hydrodynamic effects are
>possible, no ion-wind is possible to have generated such lift.

Therefore no current flow.
Sounds like perpetual motion - thrust without energy expenditure.

>I would not doubt that in a perfect vacuum, the lack of gaseous
>dielectric material to help maintain the field effect would cause
>little or no thrust to be generated. Outer space, however, is not a
>perfect vacuum. It has a very significant plasma content. What has been
>shown is that thrust does not perfectly track with atmospheric
>pressure.

I would not expect it to.
Nevertheless, I do think there are any new, or useful, physics involved.

>Nor, btw, do I consider Wikipedia to be any sort of authority. In my
>experience, wikipedia is a tool for promulgating consensus delusion and
>propaganda rather than actual truth.
>
>The ongoing discussion about truth on this list should demonstrate that
>wikipedia is not capable of determining the actual truth.

You asked for references on the failure to lift in vaccum and they are
listed in Wikipedia

--
Dirk

The Consensus:-