[extropy-chat] Thinking is doing with Cyborg Technology

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Wed Mar 16 04:57:00 UTC 2005

On Mar 14, 2005, at 11:31 PM, spike wrote:

>>  Joseph Bloch
>> ... but naturally it ended with the usual vague-but-ominous
>> "there are places mankind was not meant to tread" crap.
>>
>> Joseph
>
> Please let us examine this closely and question everything
> we think we know.  I see exactly what you are referring to
> but I want to make sure I understand it.  I came from a
> memetic background where this "mankind is not meant to
> tread" notion is absent, but I recognize that mine is an
> unusual background.

I think there are places that humans cannot thread without becoming
more/other than human.    I think there is a larger set of places that
humans cannot non-catastrophically thread without overcoming many of
their human limitations.    This does not mean i can point out such
places in particular.

- samantha