[extropy-chat] unidirectional thrust

Joseph Bloch jbloch at humanenhancement.com
Thu Mar 17 00:50:39 UTC 2005

Completely irrelevant to the topic, but a fun anecdote nonetheless...

When I was in the USAF reserves, stationed at McGuire AFB, NJ, having
completed my stint as a full-timer, I was frequently put up in a hotel
that had been built just outside the base, at the Air Force's expense,
of course.

The reason was that the Pentagon forbade the base from building enough
housing on-base to accomodate the large numbers of reservists that would
be on-duty on the weekends. They could only have as many beds as the
annual average required; not the number required at the maximum demand.
This despite the fact that the base argued (correctly, as far as I can
tell) that over the long-term the cost of putting us up in the hotels
far exceeded the cost of building more dorms.

So, yeah, I'll tell the USAF it's wrong. Maybe not on this specific
topic, but they're hardly infallible. And don't even get me started on
Rolling Thunder...

;-)

Joseph

Enhance your body "beyond well" and your mind "beyond normal":
http://www.humanenhancement.com

New Jersey Transhumanist Association:
http://www.goldenfuture.net/njta