[extropy-chat] whose ox is gored

Al Brooks kerry_prez at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 17 19:49:19 UTC 2005

(No conflict here concerning state sanctioned full marriage-- just please admit you want a heterosexual marriage monopoly providing perqs such as filing joint tax returns).
Permitting smokers in private establishments to smoke close to infants is really extreme, it is beyond the pale to allow smoke of any sort near infants whether in a private or public buildings.

>Business owners should be free to set their own smoking policies. The
>rights of the smoker doesn't enter into it, we are talking about the
>rights of business owners and homeowners to dictate how they use their
>own property.
>Nursery schools and kindergartens owned by the state are the property
>of the state and the state can set whatever policies it wants for those buildings.

Mike Lorrey