[extropy-chat] unidirectional thrust

Keith Henson hkhenson at rogers.com
Fri Mar 18 00:08:32 UTC 2005

At 11:15 AM 17/03/05 -0800, Hal Finney wrote:

snip

>   I don't understand why
>you're so willing to excuse the obvious violation of conservation of
>momentum but so reluctant to accept the problems with energy balance.
>To me, they're equally bad.

And (as you demonstrated) equivalent.

It's too bad, but we are probably stuck with the universe as we know it.

I used to think FTL was required to get around in the universe, but after
understanding that nanotechnology should be able to keep you healthy for a
million years at least, slower than light travel will do.  And it has some
advantages.  Government requires timely feedback.  If you don't care for
being under a government, a few light years takes care of that problem.

Keith Henson