[extropy-chat] forgive my pedantry, Mike

Gary Miller aiguy at comcast.net
Fri Mar 18 14:56:51 UTC 2005

> ...but are you conceding that exposing anyone, whether they be one or one
hundred, to tobacco smoke could be considered any sort of a crime?
> 'Crime' is a pretty strong word to describe tobacco smoke being in a
helpless person's immediate environment without ill-intent being involved..

Drunk driving is still considered a crime even though the drunk driver may
not have any ill-intent of endangering a helpless person.

Both act contribute statistically to the death of innocent individuals.

  _____

...but are you conceding that exposing anyone, whether they be one or one
hundred, to tobacco smoke could be considered any sort of a crime?
 'Crime' is a pretty strong word to describe tobacco smoke being in a
helpless person's immediate environment without ill-intent being involved..

Mike Lorrey <mlorrey at yahoo.com> wrote:

If parents are so abusive as to bring their kids into a smoke filled
restaurant, the crime is theirs, not the proprietors.

  _____

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail - now with 250MB free storage. Learn
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=29914/*http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250>
more.