[extropy-chat] we're more of a con to ourselves than Enron

Keith Henson hkhenson at rogers.com
Sat Mar 19 03:01:09 UTC 2005

At 12:02 PM 18/03/05 -0800, you wrote:
>If freedom is so uber-important then why do we waste time hunched in front
>of a keyboard, tapping words into cyperspace that have no value in the sum
>total of things?

snip

I can answer that using evolutionary psychology.  But I really doubt you
would like the answer.

Keith Henson

"My contention, simply put, is that the evolutionary approach is the only
approach in the social and behavioural sciences that deals with why, in an
ultimate sense, people behave as they do. As such, it often unmasks the
universal hypocrisies of our species, peering behind self-serving notions
about our moral and social values to reveal the darker side of human nature."

--Irwin Silverman, Psychology Department, York University, Toronto, Canada.[5]