[extropy-chat] "if we cannot be free, at least we can be cheap"

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 21 14:32:59 UTC 2005

When 51% population chooses to homeschool, which might not be too far
off. I hear that school that tried to implement RFID dogtags for
students saw 25% of parents pulling their kids out of school. When a
majority of voters take responsibility for their kids education, they
will vote to not subsidize the freeloaders.

--- Al Brooks <kerry_prez at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Granted, however people with children almost always
> want you to pay for their kids' education. That's a
> given. Even if they can afford part of the cost of a
> good private school they'd rather send them to, ahem,
> a lesser school to have the entire tuition paid. When
> do you think parents will get over that habit-- in the
> year 3000?
>

> >having too many kids is you
> > contracting for
> >  responsibility that is a trade off against your
> > liberty. The key is
> >  that you freely choose this responsibility by your
> > own positive acts
> >  and do not have them forced upon you. Involuntary
> > servitude is wrong.
> >  Voluntary servitude is not.
> <snip>
> > "That mountain can get awfully heavy sometimes. When
> > do you find time
> > to put it down for awhile?"
> > "When you die."

Mike Lorrey