[extropy-chat] Public Transportation (was suitcase nukes)

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Wed Mar 23 15:44:14 UTC 2005

Bret, out here in Taxifornia, the average rail train is carrying
one person, perhaps two.  I do not exaggerate.  Often we will
see a mile of cars backed up waiting for a commuter train to
pass with two passengers.

And don't worry about some kind of tax.  We already have them
up the kazoo and the people keep falling for the same old
gags: raise taxes to improve roads.  So they raise taxes,
then the government promptly steals it to use for some
other purpose.  Roads are a tax trap; they are used only
to raise taxes for other purposes.  The right way is not
to raise taxes to fix roads, it is to elect people who
run on a platform of borrowing from other funds to fix
roads.  Then if the roads don't improve, throw them out
and get new politicians.