[extropy-chat] Public Transportation (was suitcase nukes)

MB mbb386 at main.nc.us
Wed Mar 23 22:56:40 UTC 2005

Speaking of the Geo, what has happened with gas mileage? Why does my
1989 Geo metro *still* get 45 mpg around town but there's no other car
even close to it nowadays, unless I get some frightfully expensive
hybrid? My Geo was an entry level vehicle when I bought it new and it
has paid for itself so to speak, several times over in gas economy.
When it was new it ran 55-60 mpg on the highway.

Why are none of the little new cars getting that kind of mileage? IMHO
they should be getting better mileage. After all, our technology
should have improved, right?

So what gives?

Regards,
MB