[extropy-chat] Please help finding college for daughter

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 23 23:22:02 UTC 2005

     UCLA has a great school of theatre, film, and
television with many connections to industry
(Hollywood is right down down the street after all).
Being a Bruin, I hate to admit it but USC across town
is decent in these regards as well. If she were a
California resident, UCLA would be much more
economical but being a foriegn national (an assumption
on my part) the tuition at both places would be
comparable for her. Plus the weather here is great . .
. often refered to as a mediterranean climate.  Here
is a url. Good luck.

http://www.tft.ucla.edu/

--- Giu1i0 Pri5c0 <pgptag at gmail.com> wrote:
> My 17 yrs old daughter is a very talented but not
> very focused girl
> (like someone else at the same age, at least she is
> much more socially
> skilled than I was).
> She speaks fluently English Spanish and Italian (all
> three at native
> speaker level) plus a couple of other languages less
> fluently. Her SAT
> score is about 1100, surprisingly since she never
> studies.
> She is very much into acting, is in a performing
> school here in Madrid
> and went a few times to acting summer schools in UK
> and US. She wishes
> to study something suitable for the movie world,
> like acting,
> film-making, or creative writing.
> I will appreciate all ideas and suggestions.
> Giulio

The Avantguardian

"The surest sign of intelligent life in the universe is that they haven't attempted to contact us."
-Bill Watterson