[extropy-chat] Public Transportation

MB mbb386 at main.nc.us
Thu Mar 24 02:44:49 UTC 2005

I am sadly out of step with the mainstream. Have been looking for 10
years for a car like my Geo, but have not found it, no matter the gas
mileage. Don't like big size, don't want all those "features", don't
like the styles, all pointy in back with tiny rear windows and poor
visibility. My Geo is so old now that it's become a "county" car and I
have to use something else for long trips.

For me the little car was comfortable: the seats were comfortable,
visibility was excellent, the car was nimble and handled nicely,
zipping up our hills and merging onto the interstate, carried lots of
stuff, parked in a tiny space (which was good after the parking spaces
on our local streets were redone to size "extra-small") and could run
all over the place for a couple of weeks on one tank of gas.

Which is why I still have and use that car every day. My other car
... well, better not get started on that topic. ;)

Mournfully,
MB