[extropy-chat] Re: Formulating a bet

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Thu Mar 24 17:22:30 UTC 2005

At 12:10 PM 3/24/2005 -0500, Robin wrote:

>You can bet on anything you can get judges to decide, which is pretty much
>anything.  The question is how well that judge decision correlates with
>the real dispute you are having.

Quite so. In the hard version of this case (that is, the efficacy of
destructive reconstruction following cryonic suspension), it seems to me
equivalent of setting up a bet with a panel of judges who might be Muslims
or lunatics or might not, testing the assertion that men who die faithful
obtain the services of 72 virgins, or that Brett is really a UFO Grey
travelling among us in impenetrable disguise, or that carrots have a
natural right to bear arms. Good luck!

Damien Broderick