[extropy-chat] History of the portable computer

scerir scerir at libero.it
Sat Mar 26 16:45:09 UTC 2005

> Data retrieval work (of all things) in Fortran
> on the Univac 1108.... which sorta dates *me*,
> doesn't it. :)))
> MB

And me too! That, for unknown (or well known) reasons,
reminds me of a Portuguese word, "saudade". Nostalgia?
Not exactly. After many years spent in Portugal (Lisbon),
a very old man, Raul Lino, at that time (1970) a famous
architect, told me the true meaning of the word.
"Saudade" means nostalgia of a future, not of a past.
Regards,
s.

"Vive-nos a vida, não nós a vida"
- Fernando Pessoa