[extropy-chat] if these protesters are Xians, I'd hate to see Satanists

Al Brooks kerry_prez at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 29 07:18:12 UTC 2005

In all the fuss over Terry Schiavo, the rights of her
husband have been neglected.
Let's start with how long Schiavo's dispute with the
family has been publicised in that area of Florida:
the better part of a decade. Recently the publicity
went national, the longtime pressure on Schiavo
increasing. It's a wonder he hasn't mouthed off more
at the hooting intruders outside the hospice--
including those with bread & water for a woman who can
have only a small drop placed in her mouth.
It's also a testament to Mr. Schiavo's self-control he
hasn't reacted excessively to the unfounded
accusations of criminal behavior on his part. Is law
enforcement suspicious of Schiavo? Has anyone shown a
judge evidence of his culpability in any of Terry's
misfortunes since 1990? No. The irony is the Xians who
accuse him of wrongdoing are undeniably breaking one
of their own commandments: 'Thou shalt not bear false
witness against your neighbor'.
Orwell said it best: Christians are the worst
advertisement for their creed.