[extropy-chat] Re: Formulating a bet

Chris Hibbert hibbert at mydruthers.com
Tue Mar 29 07:35:43 UTC 2005

> I am only interested in this so long as it is oriented towards a
> design for a real bet. I don't mean that you and I should actually
> bet money, though we might. I mean that we approach the design of the
> bet in such a serious minded way that it could readily be turned into
> something that could be ported to a FX or some similar (perhaps a
> real money equivalent) or perhaps even sold as a bolt-on service to a
> betting exchange like Betfair operating legally out of some
> jurisdiction like the UK.

If you're looking for the ability to have a public bet, then longbet.org
is a good place to post it.  They like well thought out bets, and
provide a place for you to take a public position on important
questions.  Very long-term bets are fine with them.

The major drawback is that you don't get to realize the gain from the
bet.  All proceeds go to charity.  But you get the benefit of taking a
public stand.

Chris
--
It is easy to turn an aquarium into fish soup, but not so
easy to turn fish soup back into an aquarium.

Chris Hibbert
hibbert at mydruthers.com
http://mydruthers.com