[extropy-chat] That T-rex

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Thu Mar 31 03:12:45 UTC 2005

> > > ... supposedly giving
> > > rise to the dragon myths which amazingly seem to have
> > > arisen independently in numerous cultures...
> > >
> > > The Avantguardian
> >

> > Perhaps various cultures all over the place discovered
> > fossilized dinosaurs...
> >

> Sure, this is why they are in legend magical mythical creatures. St.
> George may have just dug up a dino skull and claimed he slew it. I'll
> be the virgin he 'saved' cut a deal to preserve her virginity...
>
> Mike Lorrey

Its too late for you Mike!  No virginity left to save.

{8^D

The dinosaur skulls embedded the dragon meme into the various
cultures, where the memes then mixed around and eventually
emerged in the form of local heroes slaying the beasts.  You
can almost imagine the first discovery of a dino skull or
perhaps even just fossilized tracks.  The people would
have absolutely *no idea* how to explain it:  whaaaaat in the
helllllll is THAT????

One can imagine dragon legends getting their start in this way.